Monday, December 5, 2011

Stubbornness

Author: Joyce Mccall

I’m really stubborn. Like, really, really stubborn. My fiancé and I started a business together last year and it’s just about been the death of our relationship. I can’t imagine why people in a mutually loving relationship would do this to themselves but we did and we’ve been arguing about everything from business cards to websites to merchant-services.com and I am just sick and tired of it. I haven’t told Mike yet but I’ve been working with a headhunter to see about getting a new, real job.

The business is still small enough that he can do it all himself and you know, that’s reason enough for me to leave. I just don’t want to sacrifice what we have because I’m worried that things won’t go okay at work – that’s just not worth it to me. I don’t really get how people are so concerned with what makes their business work but for me it’s all about maintaining relationships and quality of life. There’s nothing else that matters to me and I think that’s important.

No comments: